Thursday 18 June 2015

Arcade Club

I recently visited Arcade Club, the largest Classic Video Arcade in the UK.  Located on an industrial estate in Haslingden, Lancashire, we drove along the picturesque country roads to the venue.  The flicker of light from CRT’s and electronic beeps emanating from the entrance confirmed we had found Arcade Club. 
 

I was blown away by the sheer selection of games.  They have candy cabs with SFIII and bullet hell shooters, rows of Electrocoin cabs just like how I remember from the early 90's, classic 80's dedicated machines, and an awesome selection of Sega Taikan cabs.  

 
 
 
 
 
 

With machines from different eras it feels a bit like a 'best of' arcade, there really is something for everyone.


I don't recall seeing / playing the sit down version of Power Drift before.  I can't believe how much it moves, it's a definite new arcade favourite!

 

Hot Rod was another definite favourite of the evening.



Entry was £10 including two snacks.  I never thought I'd see something like this in the UK. An awesome night out, I can't wait to go back.

 
 
 
 
 

A video and some more pics of Arcade Club.





 





No comments:

Post a Comment