Saturday 9 January 2021

New Arrival – Nintendo Donkey Kong: Part 5 - Complete

I’ve been working on and off this cab a while, and it seems like it’s taken forever.

Coin door re-fitted.  Removing and re-fitting the door is a bit fiddly.  The lower bolts aren’t very accessible due to the wooden shelf where the coin box sits.  A 7mm spanner is required.

New coin mechs and face plates fitted.

Fitting freshly powder coated parts is so satisfying!

Previously I noticed some of the PSU caps were bulging slightly, with slight signs of leakage.  All caps have now been replaced.

New instruction and insert coin decals from Mikes Arcade applied.

My original bezel has some wear and scratches, so I’ve fitted a lovely new one from Muddymusic / Arcade Art Shop. 

I was lucky enough to get hold of a marquee signed by the top Donkey Kong players at the Kong Off tournament.  I think it’s a cool piece of arcade history and finishes the cab off nicely.

A short video of the cab.

And that’s it, the cab is finally complete.  Time to play some Donkey Kong!

No comments:

Post a Comment