Thursday 22 November 2018

Arcade Operator Warehouse Mini Raid - Part 2

Well I wasn’t expecting this Raid to have a Part 2!  I recently went back to see the Op with the intention of grabbing a few more bits.  On arrival he showed me a big box of PCB’s, which he had found a few days previous.  This was totally unexpected and an awesome surprise! 


The Op had mentioned that there was another box of boards on my last visit, but we couldn’t find them.  There is a bit of a story behind these boards.  He once had a row of Electrocoin Goliath cabs in a sports hall, and the boards are all out of those cabs.  Apparently they had table tennis in the sports hall.  The balls kept getting lost behind the cabs and so the cabs had to go!

Here is the list of titles.

1. Ghosts ‘n Goblins – Capcom - 1985
2. Legend of Hero Tonma (with original license seal) – Irem - 1989
3. Major Title 2: Tournament Leader (with original license seal) – Irem - 1992
4. Mr. Do! – Universal - 1982
5. Street Fighter II' Champion Edition MSTREET-6 Bootleg
6. Street Smart – SNK - 1989
7. Street Smart Bootleg

Quite a cool little selection, I’m especially pleased with Legend of Hero Tonma, a side scrolling platform game I’m looking forward to playing.

I remember playing Street Smart back in the day and quite liking it, it’s definitely a guilty pleasure!

There was also a Konami Viper board marked as faulty.  I’m not sure what the game is, but it could be Silent Scope as there were a few of the sniper rifles from the arcade machine in the store room.

I had another rummage, and in addition to the boards I picked up two Sega cages, which I think are Sega Rally and Virtua Cop, and a crossbow.  Yes that’s right, a crossbow!

No comments:

Post a Comment