Great Yarmouth arcades were amazing back in the day, and have played host to an awesome selection of titles over the years. I remember playing games I haven’t seen anywhere else, including Chase H.Q. DLX – the motion based one where you sit in a black Porsche, and Star Wars Arcade – the Sega Model 1 powered game.
Check out the Sega Taikan cabs! From left to right the following machines can be seen:
1. Galaxy Force DLX. Yes, Galaxy Force DLX! Sega, 1988
2. After Burner DLX, Sega AM2, 1987
3. I’m unsure about the machine just left of the Coka-Cola vending machine.
5. Super Hang-On DLX (just above the traffic bollard), Sega AM2, 1987. Look closely and you can see someone sitting on the bike.
6. Another one I’m unsure about. Positioned between SHO and OutRun DLX, it looks like a test your strength or love meter type game?
7. OutRun DLX, Sega AM2, 1986
8. Power Drift DLX, Sega AM2, 1988
9. Winning Run DLX, Namco, 1988
10. Space Harrier DLX, Sega AM2, 1985
Remember this was just one arcade along the Golden Mile, and wasn’t even the best!
The pink neon sign is still there, but sadly it’s now all fruit machines and ticket redemption.