Thursday 10 October 2013

Luton Airport


I was recently at Luton Airport to get an early morning flight to Amsterdam.  Bleary eyed, I checked out the arcade expecting the usual array of fruit machines and a token Fast and Furious cabinet.  However I was in for some nice surprises, including the awesome modern classics OutRun2 and After Burner Climax, and Tekken 5.  

 
 


The machines were in nice condition and fully working.  But for me the biggest surprise was Chase H.Q. 2.


Chase H.Q. 2 was released in 2006, but I had never seen a cabinet before and I was really happy to play it.  I loved the original, and one of my earliest memories is playing the black Porsche sit down cabinet down Great Yarmouth seafront. 


I had heard negative reports about this Taito Type-X2 powered sequel.  It’s no OutRun2, but I enjoyed my few credits.  You now have a choice of three cars with differing characteristics, although sadly the iconic black 944 isn’t one of them.  The visuals remind me of Ridge Racer with its bright primary colours.  Short cuts can be taken, similar to Konami’s GTI Club, to collect extra Nitros whilst in hot pursuit of the target vehicle.  And Nancy has aged very well it must be said!

No comments:

Post a Comment