Sunday 25 October 2020

Megadrive Local Pick Ups

I recently picked up a bundle of Megadrive games from a fellow collector.  He had a full Pal set of Megadrive titles and decided to slim down his collection.  Best of all he lives ten minutes down the road from me.  I expressed interest in a number of titles he was parting with, and a deal was done.

There is a really nice mixture of games here, the majority of which never had a Japanese release.  They’re all in great condition and complete, except for Lotus II missing the manual.

Interestingly Double Clutch was only released in Pal regions.

None of these blue spine titles received a Japanese release.

I’m really happy to add these Marvel comic book titles to my collection.  Spider-Man and the X-Men in Arcade’s Revenge and Wolverine: Adamantium Rage were never released in Japan.  Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage did receive a limited Japanese release, but is a very pricey titles these days.

I also picked up these titles at Next Level Games and Regenerating Gaming in Norwich.  Turbo OutRun is my highlight here.  It’s in fantastic condition and serves as an upgrade to the one above.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jase, glad to see your Megadrive collection is coming along nice. I found your blog on accident while googling for Neo-Geo kits and stuff since you blogged about a few of them I'm looking for(currently rebuilding my collection). To my surprise some of them you blogged about that came up were the very kits I sold you way back! Small world, haha. You must be JDH from the Neo-Geo.com forums right? Anyway, I hope you're enjoying Money Puzzle Exchanger and Neo Driftout still, and I'm now following your blog since your collection is awesome!

    Have you joined any Facebook groups yet? They're a great place to meet other collectors and get great deals on stuff. I'll send you my email via PM on Neo-Geo.com so we can keep in touch and maybe help each other score rare finds. 

    PS: I thought I had secured a rare kit you may be interested in trading for something, but it turns out that fell through, so I removed my initial comment here speaking on that since it's a moot point now. Let me know some stuff you're after though(MVS, Megadrive, or otherwise) and I can keep an eye out for you! I'm a huge Megadrive collector too, aside from MVS.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete