Sunday 14 July 2019

Norwich Gaming Market – 18th May 2019


Back in May we went along to the first Norwich Gaming Market, organised by Replay Events.  It was my first time to one of these gaming markets.  I really enjoyed it and was pleased to come away with some nice games.

The market took place at St Andrews Hall.  I got an early entry ticket and arrived just after eleven.  The venue was already pretty packed.  Initially it was a little hard to get near the stalls, but the crowd did thin out a little as the day progressed.


There were a great selection of traders, selling a nice range of consoles, games and collectibles.


Retro Modzz were showcasing a big collection of modded consoles.  I was especially tempted by the Sega Nomad.


I was particularly impressed with Allan’s Japanese Retro Game sales.  They had some fantastic stock, and it kind of took me back to the days of rummaging through games in Akihabara!  The prices were very reasonable as well, with discounts for multiple items.




Anyways on with the pick ups! 


I’m always intrigued by Western games released in Japan.  I find the alternative box art and the little differences quite interesting.  I’ve been picking up Electronic Arts Japanese Megadrive games for a while now, and it was great to fill a few holes in my collection.  I really like how EA used slightly different box and cartridge cases.  I also grabbed the Pal release of Urban Strike to finish off my Megadrive Strike trilogy.  It’s interesting how the game never received a Japanese release.

The highlight for me though was Gradius for the Famicom, a timeless classic and in lovely condition.  The game also features some of my favourite ever box art.


I had a great time and look forward to attending future gaming markets.  Here are some more pics from the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment